notd: dior electric tropics catwalk duo in aloha


I'm usually a color-safe girl. My wardrobe colors mainly consist of grey, black, white, and cream. In terms of makeup, I get bouts of courage now and then so I have a few more "out there" colors in eyeshadows and nail polishes. "Out there" for me that is. I was ready to pass on the Dior Electric Tropics Catwalk Duo nail polishes when I first saw them popping up on other blogs because I had decided long ago that fluorescent anything was definitely NOT for me. Then out of curiosity, I stopped at a Dior counter at Saks and did a swipe or two on my nails (while the BF grimanced at the colors lol). Needless to say, I went home with Aloha (Paradise was sadly out of stock).



I got home a little earlier than normal today so I rushed to take photos, but I guess I didn't rush enough because my light faded fast. So the color of the polish didn't come out as vibrantly in these photos as I hoped. Pictured is one coat of Aloha and one coat of the Dior Top Coat. The instructions say to use two coats of polish, but I'm too lazy for that lol. Aloha's formula is very good. It applies very smoothly and is decently pigmented. I was surprised at how quickly it dried with the Dior Top Coat. I'm not sure how long-lasting it is. I've only had this polish on for a couple hours and I'm already getting tip-wear. Although, to be fair, I'm rather hard on my nails. It's probably too late to get my hands on Paradise, but if I can find it I'd definitely get that one too!


Okay, so.. I'm supposed to be on a makeup-buy-ban. I lasted around maybe two weeks before I caved to get some limited edition items that I knew were going to be gone soon. But here is the reason for my ban..


My single most expensive purchase ever..


My very first Chanel. I'm terrified because I think I'm addicted.

  1. Seriously, I would be happy with the Chanel shopping bag, let alone the purse! I also wanted to add that I love that polish. I was just commenting on how much I like it on another blog, It compliments your skin tone nicely.

  2. omg that chanel is so lovely! I love the floral pattern. I'm sure it will get lots of love :)

  3. I must have this nail polish!!! I haven't had any success finding it somewhere I can get it online in Canada. GRRR! Love the handbag too. I refuse to even look at it anymore...too pretty and tempting!!

    • reene
    • May 19, 2011 at 7:48 PM

    @Devoted (because calling you Hopeless doesn't seem right), Thank you! I didn't think I'd like such a bright orange, but I actually think it's easier for me to wear than red. Maybe that's next for me..

    @Luv and Perilous, Thank you! My BF laughed at me because I originally wanted the classic black WOC, but the SA brought this out and said the magic words.. "limited edition" and "last one". She also said, "only costs an arm" but.. details.

  4. congrats on your first chanel!!! i heard they're going to raise the price soon so smart move.

  5. WOW! That is some bag! Love it- it's so classic and will last forever. Chanel never goes out of fashion! The polish is really stunning with your skintone. x

    • reene
    • May 21, 2011 at 9:59 AM

    @Fruity, I had heard that too. I've also read somewhere that the increase won't happen until June, but I'm starting to wonder if someone is just spreading rumors on purpose! Boutiques are selling out of classics because of people trying to get ahead of the increase.

    @Merriment, Thank you, thank you! I hope it lasts forever.. it cost too much to not lol.

  6. The Dior polish looks really pretty! Perfect for the summer :)

  7. GORGEOUS WOC! Love it and I love the dior on you.

    • reene
    • May 24, 2011 at 6:25 PM

    @Rinny and Sabrina, Thank you thank you! <3

  8. Your Chanel bag is gorgeous! You have amazing taste :)!

  9. That bag is amazing... Chanel is definitely a collection worth having. I love it!

  10. The bag is amazing!

    • reene
    • July 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM

    @Steph, The bag sells itself. Hardly had to do with my taste. :)

    @Julie, I agree! If taken care of, Chanel maintains its value. If only that value didn't require selling organs.. lol.

    @Maxine, Thank you!! I miss you, lady! And the kittens too.

    • Jess
    • October 3, 2011 at 6:11 PM

    Oh wow... your single most expensive purchase ever is just wonderfully beautiful! <3

    I dare not ask how much the splurge was... :)

Newer Post

Older Post

♥ about

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
thank you for stopping by! this is my humble little piece of the net dedicated to my love of cosmetics and other pretty things.

i would love to hear from you. please leave a comment or email me: reene.hearts @ yahoo.com.