haul: mac cham-pale


Ah Boxing Day. I never thought I'd be out shopping on this day. Normally, I'm still in bed or doing a whole lot of nada, but I had to answer the siren call of a new MAC collection release: Cham-Pale. It's not a huuuge collection in comparison to the previous releases (FF, VV, TT, all huge). I still feel like I got a lot though! So I just whipped up a super fast haul post. I don't think I will do swatches as a million other blogs have done them already. I hope you understand. :)


MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline and Eye Kohl in I Get No Kick.

I loved how dark Feline swatched on my hand. Super pigmented. I'm trying not to get my hopes up about its staying power because almost nothing stays put on my eyes (especially eye pencils), but eh, we'll see! I Get No Kick was really pretty swatched. I'm going to try it out on my waterline for eye brightening.


MAC Special Reserve Highlighting Powder in Chez Chez Lame and Rose Ole.

I'm probably crazy getting both of these.. but I couldn't help it. First of all, I love the "crinkling" in the powder. I'm a sucker for details like that. Secondly, they both swatched so nicely I couldn't decide on just one. I read that Rose Ole is similar to By Candlelight, which I have and will see if I can dig out later to make a proper comparison.

MAC Caviar Dreams Eyeshadow Quad.

This was my first MAC eyeshadow quad purchase. :D I read a lot of reviews of this quad saying that it was not worth it because the colors are mostly repromotes and are too light. I don't have any of these colors, and I mainly bought the quad for Caviar Dreams, which I love!


MAC Paint Pots in Chilled On Ice and Vintage Selection.

I only got two of the Paint Pots. I originally had my eye on Dangerous Cuvee, but it didn't really cooperate with me when I tried to swatch it in store. It didn't feel very smooth. In comparison, Chilled On Ice and Vintage Selection both felt much smoother and creamier. I was completely enamored with Vintage Selection, of course, but I couldn't leave without Chilled On Ice too.

MAC Nail Lacquer in Soiree.

I was very disappointed with Very Important Platinum. The color is so right up my alley, but I hated the consistency so I didn't buy it. Soiree was really gorgeous in person and applied really nicely.

All righty. That's it for my Cham-Pale haul. Trust me to go out on a sale day to buy makeup things at full-price lol. I barely looked at Stylishly Yours. I did a quick swipe on the pale pink beauty powder, but I didn't get it. Maybe I should have taken a better look at the Fluidline in the collection.. ah well. There is next weekend. :3

I hope your Christmas was full of happy times with happy people!

    • kylie
    • December 28, 2010 at 6:38 AM

    oh i like this collection very much! it is very nudey and i like nudey! ^^

    • Jess
    • December 28, 2010 at 6:47 PM

    What a beautiful haul!! I'm very intrigued to get my hands on some items of the Cham-Pale collection myself, because the soft neutral shades are so up my alley!

    The eyeshadow palette looks really pretty in the pan indeed, and so do the highlighting powders. But other than you, I'm not liking the crinkling surface of the powder that much, lol. :p

    • Unknown
    • December 30, 2010 at 11:12 AM

    OOOOO you are so lucky! i just hate that this came out in december when i'm so so poor! i really want the rose ole and some of the paint pots! a lot of people thought this collection was really boring and the crinkly powder was weird but i think this collection is beautiful! :) can't wait for the swatches!

    i'm following u on twitter btw! :) hope you had a wonderful christmas and have a happy new year!

  1. Love this collection! Am loving the Rose Ole highlighting powder and Feline!

  2. You sure have a nice collection of make-up ^^ I just checked your other posts aswell xx

    • Caro
    • May 3, 2011 at 6:30 AM

    do you like the polish`i unfortunately only got the silver one, and i dont know whether to buy that gold one now as well, though...:/

    • reene
    • May 4, 2011 at 6:53 PM

    @Caro, It's not a must have in my opinion.. you can probably find something similar (possibly much better too) from OPI. It's pretty, but I don't find myself reaching for it much. Of course, it all depends on your preferences. :)

Newer Post

Older Post

♥ about

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
thank you for stopping by! this is my humble little piece of the net dedicated to my love of cosmetics and other pretty things.

i would love to hear from you. please leave a comment or email me: reene.hearts @ yahoo.com.