notd: opi glitzerland + only gold for me


The picture above turned out kinda cool.. or maybe I'm just easily amused. Ya, that sounds about right. These polishes are not cutting news any longer in the beauty blogging world, but eh why not share anyway?! This is a teeny-tiny mini post. :)


As you probably know already, Glitzerland came out as part of OPI's Swiss Collection for this fall season. I went to many stores looking for it, but since it had just come out it was sold out everywhere. When I finally found it, I saw it everywhere. Sigh~.. Sephora by OPI's Only Gold For Me came out earlier this year (maybe April/May~?). I had similar issues tracking this one down. I gave up eventually and just bought it online, then every Sephora I went to had boatloads of it in stock! Wildly unlucky perhaps??

Glitzerland is a really nice gold. It's more of a champagne-toned gold rather than a yellow gold. I think I only used one coat of it here. Then I did one pass over with Only Gold For Me. As you can see, it's a clear top coat with large hexagonal shaped gold glitter along with much smaller gold glitters. It's really gorgeous, but I'm really terrible at using it. I tried not to glop it on, but the big glitter wouldn't go where I wanted. But if I glop it on, it will look.. gloppy lol. So that's why there are so few large glitters, and they all ended up wherever THEY wanted to be. Ah well, it's not the most exciting mani ever, but I like this combo.

    • Diane
    • October 7, 2010 at 7:44 AM

    I personally love the mani, I think it's exciting =)

    I love gold and sparkles for the fall and holiday seasons. I think you did a great job!

    • Jen
    • October 9, 2010 at 2:42 AM

    I love gold and this makes me want to venture into gold nails. Very pretty as its not very metallic and has added cute sparkles. Thanks for sharing ^_^

    KK, x.
    www.misskeikei.blogspot.com

    • reene
    • October 9, 2010 at 5:32 AM

    @ Diane and Kei Kei,
    Gold polish is a new adventure for me. Lately, I've just been loving gold and yellow in general. And polish.. well it used to be rare that I had polish on at all. Now I feel weird without it! Thanks for visiting and leaving me sweet notes. ♥

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog Reene. I've just followed your cute blog.

    I love this combination of nail polishes you have done, so easy but yet looking so good!!!!

  2. the combo works like a charm, i wouldn't expect that chunk glitters show up so nicely but its OPI after all.

  3. I love this - it's so pretty! I think the glitter actually turned out really well. I agree $OPI OGfM is reallllly hard to use though. Next time I'm gonna try thinning it a bit first and see if that helps any. Will let you know. =)

    • Eva
    • October 16, 2010 at 11:45 PM

    this is so pretty!! i love the gold
    wow! $60? what a rip off!

    Thanks for commenting ^^

    • Donna
    • October 17, 2010 at 2:50 PM

    very cute nails! you have an amazing camera great photography :)

    • Ette
    • April 21, 2011 at 6:15 PM

    I found your blog googling the Glizterland color! Your blog is LOVELY. I think I might just have to sub...
    and I have a similar polish to the glitter that was from Nicole by OPI. i stocked up cause it was gone fast!!
    we have the glitzerland at my work still x] think im going to have to get it....
    tag me back :)


    Peace & love
    oxo, ETTE

    WWW.THRIFTEDKARMA.COM

Newer Post

Older Post

♥ about

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
thank you for stopping by! this is my humble little piece of the net dedicated to my love of cosmetics and other pretty things.

i would love to hear from you. please leave a comment or email me: reene.hearts @ yahoo.com.