review: jill stuart jewel crystal eyes in 102 amazonite dazzle


Jill Stuart is one of those brands that I know I probably shouldn't like as much as I do. Their blushes are great, but I have such limited use for all the other glittery products. I know this, and yet I can't help but pine for their new releases anyway. I told myself that I wouldn't purchase another JS eyeshadow palette unless the colors are really unique. I've stayed true to my word.. until I laid eyes on 102 Amazonite Dazzle. I thought this was one of the most interesting JS palettes I've seen. I don't think they've done anything remotely similar before, and so I had to have it.



Amazonite Dazzle is limited edition and part of the Dreamy Garden Collection (Spring 2011) exclusive to Hong Kong and Taiwan. The packaging is slightly different for this palette. There are butterflies across the front. I don't hate butterflies, but I thought JS packaging design was princessy and kiddie enough without them. I've talked about it previously.. JS packaging really grew on me so I don't mind it now, but I do not prefer it.



The colors in this palette are rather atypical as far as JS palettes go. Those two middle colors are soooo pretty. I'm happy to say that these shadows are not super shimmery. They are still a little shimmery (especially the first color on the left) since it wouldn't be JS without some shimmer, but it's a lot more subdued in this quad. The texture, while improved from my last palette, still isn't what I hoped it would be. There is a touch of fall-out so I'd suggest using a eyeshadow primer (as I've done in the swatch photo) to help the shadows stick and to bring out the color.

This cost me $390HK, which is about $51US. The only online store I could find that carried this quad was Yesstyle with some markup.

Special thanks to Jennifer!!

  1. I have never seen anything by this brand before! I think that is cool that you featured a brand I am not at all familiar with. Great post!

    • reene
    • May 22, 2011 at 7:30 AM

    @Devoted, Thank you! It's a shame really that it's not readily available in the US since JS is an American fashion label. I would love to explore more of their products if only I could play with them first and they weren't so expensive.

    • Diane
    • May 22, 2011 at 8:09 AM

    I saw promo pictures awhile ago and thought the palette looked different from what JS usually puts out. I agree, I really like JS the packaging and even some of the products but sometimes they are just too shimmery/glittery. I really wish JS would come out with a few items that were either matte or at the very least just not SO glittery. LOL, I guess I'm sorta complaining but I still want to try this palette. =)

    • reene
    • May 22, 2011 at 9:42 AM

    @Diane, I hope too that someday JS would come out with some satin or matte finish shadows. I can't wear the glitter to work.. I really shouldn't anyway.. lol. This palette isn't too terrible in terms of shimmer. Just avoid that first color. :D Thanks for stopping by!

  2. The palette is so pretty! I've been dieing to try Jill Stuart products for the longest but they're so pricey and hard to get in the US ><

  3. That's lovely! The only thing I have from JS is a jelly glitter shadow in a lavender shade- it's stunning! Thanks for sharing your beautiful treasure! xx

    • Jenni
    • June 2, 2011 at 4:08 AM

    i like their color combo in #102 amazonite dazzle :D this one is a HIT!

    • reene
    • June 2, 2011 at 8:37 PM

    @Rinny, I agree. :( Maybe that's why I want them so much! The hunt is on..

    @Merriment, Thank you for stopping by! I love the JS jellies, but the glitter keeps me from using them often. :(

    @Jennifer, I knowww it's so different for JS! Thanks again for helping me get it! <3 You're the best. ^^

  4. The packaging is SO beautiful!

Newer Post

Older Post

♥ about

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
thank you for stopping by! this is my humble little piece of the net dedicated to my love of cosmetics and other pretty things.

i would love to hear from you. please leave a comment or email me: reene.hearts @ yahoo.com.